Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Module 1. Preface and Every Picture in the Book

My immediate thought after finishing this reading assignment was about the abundance of text.

I've never considered myself to be especially knowledgeable in the area of graphic design, actually, it frequently seems that for every thing I think I know there are ten other things for me to learn. Originally, I'd believed that Graphic Design had to do solely with graphics. At some point I realized just how naive that was. What is a graphic, but art?

The introduction of Megg's book really did clear up a few things for me, however. Learning that the term "Graphic Design" is so new really helped to explain to me exactly what things were going to be coming from. I realize now that graphic design involves so much more than just the colors and structures on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment